Hutchins, Texas

 

Hutchins is located on the Southern Pacific Central Railroad in southern Dallas County. The community was founded in 1860 as the trading place for immigrants who crossed the Trinity River from the east of Dowdy’s Ferry and for the settlers along the west banks of the river.

 

The town received its name from William J. Hutchins who was then President and General Manager of the Houston and Texas Central Railroad and was responsible for the railroad locating in Hutchins in the mid 1800’s. The town was officially incorporated in 1945 and presently has a population of 5,338* people.

 

The town borders on the Trinity river on the east, Lancaster city limits on the west, Dallas city limits on the north and Wilmer city limits on the south. Hutchins encompasses approximately 8.6 square miles and is only ten miles from bustling downtown Dallas, by limited access 6 lane freeway.

 

Hutchins is small but attractive part of the Dallas Metropolitan Area but with its strategic geographical location and adequate utilities, land, railroad and interstate highways, it is certain to play a major role in the continued growth of Dallas County. Hutchins Economic Development Corporation welcomes all inquiries from interested individuals, developers, or businesses seeking to do business in the City of Hutchins.

 

Easy access to all points in the DFW Metroplex:

 

·         10 minutes to downtown Dallas

·         30 minutes to Los Colinas

·         45 minutes to DFW Airport

·         45 minutes to downtown Fort Worth

·         5 minutes to Interstate 35

 

 

 

 Population 5,338*
 Families  1,150+
 Land Area  22.3 sq km.
 Surface Water  1.51%sq km.
 Location: 32.643784 degrees North of the equator and 96.707538 degrees west of the prime meridian.
*Stats taken from the NCTCOG 2010 U.S. Census